Saturday, April 8, 2017
Download this year’s flyer
Most activities begin between 8:00 and 9:00 AM and go through 3:00 PM.
Lunch will be at noon and we are asking for a small donation. Food is always so much better when you have a picnic! Baked beans and scrumptious peach cobbler prepared by the award-winning Cow Camp Cook, Frank Wood and his family team, is a culinary delight.
Suggested donation: $10 adults, $5 under 12
Farm Day activities are provided at no charge to the public. This year, in addition to the Alabama Baptist Children’s Home, we have reached out to some of our local faith based/nonprofit organizations and ask them to join us. As you tour the grounds you will have the privilege of learning more about these organizations and how you can support them.
FREE Farm Day Activities:
- Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides Throughout The Day
- Horse Farming Demonstrations of Plowing & Cultivating
- Hay Cutting, Raking, & Baling
- Corn Shucking, Shelling & Stone Grinding – All Turned Into Delicious Homemade Cornbread For The Sampling
- Old-Time Butter Churning, Blacksmithing, Chair Caning, and Quilting
- Making of Cane Syrup
- Old-Time Timber Frame Barn Raising
- 1930s Saw Mill
- Antique Tractor Display
- Kids Zone – Inflatables and Petting Zoo
- Sponsor Exhibits
- Trail Ride 1:30 Bring your horse(s) and Coggins papers.
- Best Jeep Contest Featuring the members of South East Alabama Jeep
Learn more about the Trail Ride here.
Check out Maddox Farm on Facebook for pictures & continuous updates!